Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Princess Anna Coronation Gown

This was one of those ridiculous projects that I convinced myself had to be done.  My daughter is in Brownies and when I first found out the troop's winter sleepover camp was Frozen-themed I vaguely thought about making a dress up dress.  I dismissed the idea though since it was camp after all; not a place for dress up clothes!  But then the week before camp, the leader sent out the itinery: it included a coronation feast in which the girls were invited to wear their fanciest dress!

So I started on Monday night and finished the final steps (the painting on the bodice) just before we ran out the door to camp on Friday.  I work full time and am not a fast seamstress so I was just happy to get it finished.  And now I'm trying really hard to ignore the fact that the sleeves don't match up with the bodice and the pleats are uneven, lol!




Pattern: Vogue 7681, cost $9.03US
Fabric: cotton velour from Fabricland, approx. $20, chiffon for the sleeves $1.70
Zipper, elastic, gold accents: stash
Fabric paint: on hand (Canucks green from a shirt I made for my husband plus some purple and blue)
Total: approx. $30


No comments:

Post a Comment