I used the Oliver and S field trip tee yet again, in size 10, lengthened to an a-line dress and with bell sleeves. The only other change I made was to double the size of the neck band. She didn't want a mock turtle neck so this was my compromise.
The belt is the embroidered edge of the sheet I used to make her older sister's costume. It's not exactly authentic but she's happy with it.
The buns were the hardest part -- for a tough cookie, she's got a very sensitive scalp and a very low tolerance for anything being the least bit uncomfortable on her head. It took me a couple of tries to get them in and then apparently the buns weren't tight enough to her head. She was wearing the costume to the Halloween party for her Brownie troop last night and I wanted to get photos of it in a (relatively) pristine state. The loose buns prompted a huge meltdown with me pleading for a just a couple of pictures before it got too dark. This was the response, oh my goodness I love this kid!:
I did fix them before the party, I just wanted a picture before the light was gone! Mean mom, lol!
Fabric: white cotton interlock from value village -- super score: almost 6m for $8. Tonnes left for other things
Pattern: oliver and s field trip tee.