Sunday, January 25, 2015

Chambray Hide and Seek Tunic

I've felt pretty lethargic the last couple of months so I haven't done much sewing.  But the days are getting longer and I'm starting to feel a bit better.  I also broke down and bought a SAD light -- this one -- that I've been using when I first get up in the morning so maybe that's helping?  Even if it's a placebo, it's worth it :)  I had a burst of energy yesterday and sewed something from start to finish.  I rarely do that even at the best of times but what a feeling of accomplishment!  It's the little things, right?


I bought the pattern -- the Hide and Seek Dress/Tunic -- during the last O+S pattern sale. I had given away a bunch of my handmades that the girls had outgrown. One the people I mailed a dress to sent me a gift card to on the day of the day of the sale so I didn't hesitate to spend it.   I think this might be my new favourite pattern :).  It came together so nicely and looks fantastic. 


The purple fabric is a really soft cotton chambray I bought at fabricland (I used it before for this costume and this dress but just had a little bit left).  The lace yoke is bit of drapery fabric that I basted to the top front panel before sewing up the tunic.  


I used the view B but then added a couple of extra inches in length so it ended up being slightly long for a tunic.  Dresses don't work with snowpants and, according to K., neither do jeans so tunics and leggings are perfect for the next couple of months :)


She's pleased with it and wanted to put it on right away.  As usual she's a moving target so this was the only in-focus picture I was able to get of her wearing it.  It is so cute and suits her so well :)

Pattern: O+S Hide and Seek, bought with a gift card
Fabric: Purple Chambray approx. $3, drapery fabric approx. $.50
Buttons: Stash
Total: $3.50  

8 comments:

  1. I'm a huge fan of this pattern as well - haven't seen a Hide and Seek outfit that I haven't like! Love your addition of the lace overlay - looks super sweet. And can't ever go wrong with chambray!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank-you! This pattern didn't grab me when it first came out but I've changed my mind now :)

      Delete
  2. I agree, the lace overlay is a very pretty touch. Such a sweet girl.
    xx N

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She is a sweet girl and I'd love to dress her in Hide and Seeks everyday, it's the perfect combination of cute and grownup.

      Delete
  3. Glad you are feeling better! The tunic look darling on your daughter. The lace overlay is lovely over the purple!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank-you! I'm happy with how it turned out and it's got me thinking of adding lace overlay to everything I make :)

      Delete
  4. That is the perfect lace, it looks like faked cross stitch! Very pretty dress and I have to say Audrey adores the dress you sent her and is desperate to grow into it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear she's excited about it. Hope she still likes it when it fits :0

      Delete