The fabric is a super soft lightweight rayon blend that was on sale for $3/m. When I spotted it, I immediately thought of a top for myself but it was the end of the bolt and there was only just over a metre left. It was too cute to pass up though and I had more than enough to make this top.
Its getting cooler but I wanted her to be able to wear it now so I lined it with a lightweight cotton. (and then proceeded to hem one side of the lining backwards, oops). I sewed the lining to the sides of the shirt but I think if I were to do it again, I would sew the side seams of the lining and the shirt separately. It probably would hang better.
Because I made it extra long, it actually is more like a tunic length. I still wanted it to be comfortable so I added slits on the side.
It's a great pattern and comes together fairly quickly. The only thing I will do differently next time is pay more attention to the neckline -- mine didn't line up perfectly but that's my definitely my fault, not the instructions.
When she saw the pattern cover, J. said absolutely no to the shorts. Bummer!