Thursday, June 14, 2012

O + S Ice Cream Dress

This is such a sweet pattern.  I have the larger size but graded it down to a four for my littlest.  I kept the size five length for the bottom two sections and added an inch to the middle because my girls don't like anything too short (here's hoping that lasts!!).  If I were to do it again, I would add a little more length to the yoke, too, to keep the proportions as they are written in the pattern. 


The main fabric is from the Far Far Away II line and I just have scraps left.  I was short a couple of inches on one side so added some pink to the sleeve back to make it up.  Hopefully it's not all that noticeable!   And it's probably a good thing that I didn't have enough of the pink roses for the yoke or the hem of this dress -- I wouldn't have been able to resist using it and that might have been too much of a good thing ;).


I used lightweight shirting to line the yoke and hem as I didn't want it to be too heavy.   I double stitched the pockets to make sure that they can carry rocks and other important treasures.


Miss Thing wondered why Rapunzel is not smiling.  A happy moon button might distract her from that :).


4 comments:

  1. What a sweet dress!!
    I love that fabric.
    Fabulous job.
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank-you! It's a hit with my girl, too. Whew!

      Delete
  2. The fabric combinations just make this dress a 10 out of 10. Absolutely adorable. Do come and share it at our linky party, at http://www.finecraftguild.com/party-3/

    ReplyDelete