I was so excited when I received this pattern that I traced and cut it right away. Then the Halloween madness began so it sat unfinished on my desk for weeks. Even though it's not the right time of year for it now, I'm happy it's done -- it's a flattering, comfortable blouse that's not too fussy. I can see other variations in my future.
The fabric is a super lightweight summer cotton that was on clearance 3 metres for the price of one. I certainly wouldn't have bought it at full price ($14/m!) but it is pretty and works for a trial run.
I'm not sure what I will change next time. I debated about the size and ended up cutting a size bigger than my measurements because I know I wont wear something if it's too tight. I think it'll take a couple of times wearing this before I know if it was the right decision. But the larger size meant that I didn't need to add a zipper. Woo hoo!
I made a couple of changes -- I don't find cap sleeves all that flattering on me so I lengthened them by an inch or so (in a totally half-assed way -- by tracing the top for the size I wanted and then the line for the smallest size. I had to adjust the sleeve again once I'd partly sewed it on because of course it didn't quite fit properly. I should have drafted a whole new one but I don't know how to do that!).
I also lengthened the top by two inches partly because I'm long-waisted and partly because I wanted a deeper hem; I find small hems don't lie as flat.
Overall I think it's a great pattern. You do need to have some sewing experience, however, as the instructions aren't as thorough as O+S. They're as good or better than the big 4, though.